California Internet Law
The Internet and new digital media formats and channels have changed the face of business in the new millennium. Internet entrepreneurs, ISPs and other service providers, and online retailers face the most dynamic and complex commercial environment ever known – and with that comes the need for legal services just as dynamic and innovative, to help you meet the unique and difficult challenges doings business in cyberspace presents.
The attorneys at Idell & Seitel, LLP are uniquely qualified to address the very specialized and complex issues of Internet law -- one of the few firms in the country to have a specifically focused area of Internet practice.
Our attorneys are able to provide comprehensive Internet legal services of the highest caliber -- and with the personal attention and economy that “big firms” cannot provide.
Our Internet-specific practice offerings include:
Litigation and Enforcement Services:
- Litigation and defense of Internet-related copyright, trademark, trade secret, and commercial issues in state and federal courts
- Cybersquatting and typosquatting domain name disputes and UDRP actions through WIPO and other conflict resolution providers
- Technical consulting litigation services, including discovery and expert witness assistance and practice
- Arbitration and mediation representation regarding e-commerce and online contractual and other disputes
- Intellectual property rights policing and enforcement, including copyright, trademark, and metadata infringement issues
- Online commercial fraud and defamation
Transactional and Business Services:
- Content and new media licensing and rights clearance
- Website Terms & Conditions of Use, Privacy Policies and Sweepstakes disclosures
- Reseller and Co-Branding Agreements
- Trademark and copyright counseling, filing, administration and enforcement
Internet/ Multimedia: Idell & Seitel assists individuals and enterprises in their Net-related activities and provides experienced transactional and litigation guidance through the statutory maze applicable to the Internet – from the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Electronic Communication Privacy Act, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to the WIPO domain name dispute resolution mechanism to First Amendment issues, obscenity laws, and publicity rights. We assist in the process of developing, protecting and monetizing content on the Internet including the drafting and negotiation of content and database creation and licensing agreements, software and website development agreements, web site hosting and linking agreements and advertising, promotion and joint venture agreements such as sponsorship, affinity marketing, fulfillment and endorsement agreements. We assist in the creation, licensing, sale and protection of multimedia content and provide guidance through the intersection of numerous legal issues implicated by the combination of music, text, graphics, illustrations, photographs, software and other elements and we provide counsel in the effort to avoid infringement of the legal rights of others.
Internet/Multimedia - Basic Services: